The Missing Piece
What is DLS?
- A set of learning strategies providing life-long skills
- A visual-kinesthetic approach providing children with skills and knowledge at the foundational level
- Strategies that complement any curriculum already in place
- Strategies meeting the needs of all learners within a classroom
- Strategies that teach basic symbols of reading while corresponding to child’s developmental level
- Project-based learning
Why does it work?
- Children are taught focusing strategies
- Children are taught to self-regulate their behaviors
- Project based learning fully involves each student
- Creativity is included; students learn on a much higher level than memorization only
- Provides mastery: learning where conscious thought is no longer required
- All real knowledge is experiential, as is Davis Learning Strategies
Who needs DLS training?
- PreK – 3 classroom teachers
- Support services: SPED/Resource Room, Title I, Reading Recovery, After-school tutoring
- Homeschool Teachers
- Administrators–to better support trained staff
What results from its use?
- Improved student achievement proficiency
- Reduced constant re-teaching
- Enhanced classroom management
When is the next scheduled class?
Where do I find more information?
Davis Learning Strategies® is a trademark of Ronald D. Davis. Commercial use of this trademark for the purposes of training and mentoring teachers requires licensing by the trademark owner.
Professional services described as Davis®, Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, and Davis Math Mastery® may only be provided by persons who are employed by a licensed Davis Specialist, or who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators by Davis Dyslexia Association International.